Reports to: F&B Manager
Responsible in supporting the Chef De partie and Sous Chef in a busy hotel kitchen delivering consistently high-quality food.
- Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
- To assist and monitor food stocks and stock movement.
- To understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results.
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
- To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department.
- To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed.
- To ensure stock is controlled and rotated. Accept and store deliveries
- To ensure that mis en place is completed in your section.
- To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately.
- To comply with all Tune Hotels policies and procedures to ensure that all-statutory regulations are observed.
- To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent culinary catering talent.
- Independent & self-motivated
- Good team player and creative
- Leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Degree or Higher Diploma in Culinary Arts or equivalent
- Fresh Graduate with relevant internship / industry placement experience.