Reports to: Hotel Manager/ General Manager
Liaise With: Housekeeping, Maintenance and Security Personnel
- Maintain courteous guest service and respond promptly to guest questions, complaints and/or requests.
- Respond to guests’ special requests, needs, problems, issues, and concerns to ensure optimal level of guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Train, motivate, supervise, coach, develop, empower and discipline all employees.
- Provide constant feedback to Hotel Manager on GSE performance.
- Complete and distribute all required reports.
- Maintain the methods and procedures used by employees for compliance with the standard operating procedures.
- Assist in preparation of payroll documents.
- Preparation of monthly staff roster.
- Assist in maintaining personnel files and records in compliance with labor laws.
- Authorize paid outs as per established procedure. Ensure proper back up documents are attached. Review and authorize all corrections, adjustments and deletions.
- Review the Daily Night Audit for accuracy.
- Review Daily Cash Drop with Settlement Reports. Make bank deposit daily.
- Review Daily Occupancy Report to ensure accuracy.
- Perform a random daily inspection of guest room.
- Inspect lobby area, general hotel areas and surrounding hotels areas.
- Monitor and control inventories for operating equipment, linen and uniform to ensure par stocks are maintained and costs are controlled.
- Maintain appropriate standards of dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and conduct of all employees.
- Implement and control departmental procedures including lost and found, key control, security and emergency procedures, health and safety for employees and guests.
- Ensure the property is in compliance with all health, fire/safety and local municipal regulations.
- Perform other tasks deemed necessary for the smooth operations of the hotel or instructed by the Hotel Manager.
- Self confident and an ability to interact with all types of people
- Candidate should have a good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Must be ambitious, service oriented, a go getter and a strong desire to succeed
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Understands and anticipates guests’ needs; take action to address guests’ needs, and strives to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Attend all meetings and events as required by the company.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a hotel operations position leading and supervising a group of front line staff
- Preferably a Degree/ Diploma in any field